The Significant Other has retired from 9/11 Truth activism after 2+ years. I have come to realize that total immersion in this movement can be more damaging to the psyche than I ever imagined. I even feel physically lighter now that I’m not reliving the trauma and pain of 9/11 every single day – watching the buildings crumble in slow motion, hearing the panicked screams of New Yorkers as they run through dust-choked streets. Add to that the politics, the continuous drama, the paranoia and mistrust and accusations of CIA involvement, and you have a good recipe for a nervous breakdown.
Have I learned anything from 9/11 Truth? Yes, I have. I have learned that the blowback theory of 9/11 is perfectly sound, that even educated and intelligent people can be really freaking stupid and/or gullible sometimes, and that when asking difficult questions you should never settle for the first answers you get. Keep asking until the answers make sense.
While I have met some cool and smart Truthers in the past two years, it’s a relief to be free of all connections to the rest, such as:
– The lawyer who collects testimony from “time travel whistleblowers” and branded me an “accessory after the fact to war crimes” because I questioned his theory that chemtrails containing psychoactive chemicals are sprayed over specific areas in advance of 9/11 Truth events.
– The peacenik who won’t work with any other Truthers because everybody in the Pacific Northwest is an FBI agent.
– The guy who thinks he’s on some sort of “Federal Army” mission to reveal the truth of 9/11, and threatens to arrest anyone who “interferes” with that mission. In other words, other Truthers who don’t pay enough attention to him.
– Everyone who insists the Jews and/or the Zionists did it.
– The would-be politician who was dropped from her party of choice for declaring that Israeli-owned businesses in the World Trade Center were tipped off in advance of 9/11, but blames Jewish interest groups for her own stupidity.
– The dude who briefly considered fleeing the U.S. because it’s “run by Zionists”, even though he lives in a Midwestern state occupied by roughly 4 Jewish people.
– All the people who will tell you that TV rots your brain, then believe everything they read in the alternative press and everything they see on YouTube “documentaries”.
– The chiropracter who smoked a big fatty before giving a “lecture”, then sent me a rambling and emotional 5-page screed when I said I didn’t understand what he was trying to say. He’s now a UFOlogist who believes he’s part of ancient Native prophecies. When the 2012 chaos hits, he’s going to head for a fenced-off area reserved for the world’s elite.
– The convicted murderer who threatens to sue everyone who calls him a convicted murderer.
– The former LaRouche propagandist who looks and sounds like Mr. Lebowski.
– The NYC CAN petition organizers who screwed up royally for no good reason, wasting everyone’s time and getting their hopes up.
Buh-bye. Here’s hoping that Lacuna Inc. will someday be able to erase all my memories of the past two years.