Here are the facts behind this theory:
– A Chicago/Duluth man named Larry Sinclair came forward this year, claiming that in November ’99 he did drugs and had sex with Barack Obama (see his YouTube video below).
– Rather than being dismissed as the seemingly groundless smear campaigner he is, the press has given some face time to Larry Sinclair. Yesterday, he held a long press conference at the National Press Club. Mind you, he was arrested on outstanding warrants immediately after it concluded…
The here are some problems with Sinclair’s claim:
– Though he has promised to cough up some corrororating evidence, Sinclair has to date produced no evidence.
– Sinclair has a long rap sheet. This doesn’t destroy his credibility, but it does have to be taken into consideration when weighing it.
– There is no evidence that Obama even knew Donald Young on an interpersonal level, much less had sex with him.
– Chicago police don’t have any solid suspects in Young’s murder.
– Sinclair failed two polygraph examinations that the porn site WhiteHouse.com challenged him to take, according to a WhiteHouse.com story that has been pulled.
– Who actually cares about Obama’s private life?
Larry Sinclair’s “revelations” are an eerie echo of the startling cocaine accusations levelled at George W. Bush by J.H. Hatfield, an ex-con who famously convinced Sander Hicks and many others that Karl Rove had told him all about a scrubbed cocaine arrest. By combining credible information (Dubya used cocaine) with utter b.s. (Karl Rove called Hatfield late at night to whisper true confessions to him), he got himself two book deals and a hell of a lot of attention, culminating in the 2001 documentary Horns and Halos. Then he slipped back into a life of crime and committed suicide when he was caught.
Since his information was second-hand, at least we can say that Hatfield might have been fed disinfo designed to discredit all accusations of drug use by Dubya. No one can say the same of Larry Sinclair. He’s either lying, or he’s not.